Thai massage has been receiving a great deal of attention lately, and many are hailing it as one of the most adaptable massage disciplines in the world. Like most forms of massage, the evidence for its benefits are largely experiential. In fact, the scientific community still has a lot of work to do as it struggles to learn about many of these ancient healing arts. For those who have experienced and observed the effects of Thai massage, however, the evidence is clear: this massage technique has a full range of benefits that include pain relief, stronger immunity to illness, and more.
One of the more interesting claims is that Thai massage can slow the aging process. And while some might scoff at the idea on its face, there is a great deal of experiential evidence to back it up. Of course, no one is talking about literally stopping or even slowing the passing of time. When they refer to “slowing the aging process” they’re talking about slowing the development of aging’s more negative effects. For example, just consider the following claims from those who have benefitted from Thai massage:
- Thai massage can improve mental function. Unlike some massage techniques that are entirely focused on muscle manipulation, Thai massage incorporates yoga and meditation – both of which have a long history of improving mental acuity. A healthy mind is essential for those who want to continue to feel young well into their senior years.
- Thai massage can enhance circulation and respiration. To continue to feel young, your body needs a reliable supply of oxygen and nutrients – which means that you need proper circulation and breathing. Thai massage benefits you in both areas.
- Cortisol levels can be reduced. Stress kills. It damages cells and leaves you vulnerable to a host of ailments and disorders. Thai massage can boost serotonin and reduce cortisol, helping you to avoid the stress that might prematurely age you.
- Thai massage can reduce pain. Whether its back and leg pain or common age-related ailments like arthritis, Thai massage may be able to offer a solution. With most pain-related problems, it’s important to continue some level of physical activity to minimize the sensation. Thai massage is an active discipline that offers the same type of low-impact activity provided by yoga.
- To feel young, you need to feel vibrant and alive. Thai massage can boost your energy levels, center your mind, and leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. In short, you won’t be any younger, but you just might feel younger.
At Tiffany Beauty Spa, we know that age is often as much a matter of mind as of body. Massage can offer the physical and mental care that most people need to maintain the proper balance needed for a healthy lifestyle. That’s why our dedicated massage therapists remain committed to providing you with the best Thai massage services in Fort Lauderdale. If you’re ready to feel younger and more energetic again, contact us today to schedule your massage appointment.