Pregnancy is often referred to as one of the most joyous times in any woman’s life – and rightly so. At the same time, however, it can also be a time of great physical discomfort, as well as mental and emotional stress. The combination of hormonal changes, increased body weight, and worries can create a perfect storm of aches, pains, and stress that can make life a real challenge. Fortunately for patients in the area of Tiffany Beauty Spa, a prenatal massage in Fort Lauderdale can be the perfect way for any expecting mother to relieve that tension and alleviate the discomfort.
Prenatal massage provides many of the same benefits achieved with most other massage techniques, but is designed to conform to the special needs and challenges faced by women who are pregnant. Together, these combined benefits can ease the discomfort and provide the expectant mother with the stress and pain relief she needs to enjoy greater vitality throughout her pregnancy. Those benefits include:
- Massage can help to alleviate the pain many pregnant women experience in the lower back as well as pain in the upper back, neck, hips, and joints.
- Prenatal massage relaxes the central nervous system. This can stimulate the release of endorphins that can reduce anxiety and induce a greater sense of calm. This relaxation effect can help to ensure an easier delivery at the end of the pregnancy as well.
- Circulation can be improved, resulting in more blood flowing and carrying nutrients and oxygen not only to critical areas of the mother’s body but to her baby as well. This can help to reduce the slowing of blood flow that often occurs during pregnancy due to the increased demands that the circulatory system experiences as it tries to meet the needs of the heart, uterus, and placenta.
- The lymphatic system becomes more engaged, aiding in the removal of toxins from the body and improving overall immune system function.
- Massage can help to normalize hormone levels and support the body’s attempt to maintain homeostasis during the various stages of any pregnancy.
- Prenatal massage can help to reduce headache pain, heartburn, nasal congestion, constipation, and even varicose veins.
- Fatigue – a common problem for pregnant women – can be addressed as well, as the body’s systems are reenergized by the healing power of massage.
- Studies have confirmed that human touch can provide emotional healing as well. Many of the most common mental and emotional stresses can be relieved with a gently, prenatal massage.
Of course, every woman is different, and each person responds to massage in a unique way. Nevertheless, every pregnant woman can benefit from the experience offered by this type of therapeutic massage. The professionals at Tiffany Beauty Spa are well-versed in the most effective techniques in use today, and can help women who need prenatal massage in Fort Lauderdale obtain the full range of benefits this type of therapy can provide.