For some people, there are few things more confusing and awkward than a trip to the local spa for a massage. In many instances, massage clients can easily become so caught up with their own internal confusion that they fail to take advantage of what should be an ideal opportunity to relax and rejuvenate their minds and bodies. If you’ve ever had questions that you’ve been too afraid to ask your massage therapist, we’ve got the answers.
- 1. Yes, it is actually a great idea to use the bathroom before you lie down for your massage. However, if you need to go once your massage is underway, don’t hesitate to let us know. We’re more than happy to wait for you to finish heeding the call of nature.
- 2. No, we’re not going to judge the fact that you didn’t fold your clothes into a neat little pile when you undressed. Just make sure that we’re not tripping over them during your massage, okay?
- 3. Feeling uncomfortable because you skipped the old leg-shaving routine last night? We’ll never tell! Just don’t go peeking to see whether we shaved ours. That’s one secret we’ll never divulge!
- 4. We don’t have any preference when it comes to how you choose to undress. If you want to leave an undershirt on or other undergarments, feel free. Just remember that there’s no need to let self-consciousness dictate your state of undress, since we’ve seen it all before.
- 5. Ponytails look great on just about anyone, and we’re always excited to see people keeping them in style. If you want us to massage your scalp, however, you should probably consider letting your hair down. Let it free!
- 6. As therapists, we often like to chat with our clients. It helps us to know how the massage is going, and can be helpful for putting some clients at ease. With that said, however, we can understand if you prefer a quieter experience. If you just want to relax and drift off to some sort of meditational Nirvana, let us know. Talking isn’t mandatory.
- 7. Are there certain areas that hurt or feel tighter than others? Don’t assume that we’re mind-readers or that we’ll eventually get to that area. Instead, let us know so that we can ensure that your massage addresses all your existing needs.
- 8. By the same token, communicate with us if any techniques cause discomfort or don’t feel quite right. We want you to be able to relax and feel better after the massage, and will try to avoid doing anything that might make you feel worse.
At Tiffany Beauty Spa, we understand that you might have questions that you’re too nervous to ask. Just remember that we’re not here to judge you, and will always be thrilled to help you resolve any confusion. Contact us today if you have other questions about the best massage services in Fort Lauderdale, and we’ll work with you to get your next appointment scheduled right away.