With winter upon us, many of us start to focus a little more on the health of our skin, hair, and nails. Lower temperatures often have a negative impact on those areas of our bodies, and It doesn’t take much of a downturn in temperature to have an effect. The good news is that there’s no reason to panic when that cooler weather arrives, since there are some simple things that you can do to avoid the worst effects. Here are seven important cold weather beauty tips that every woman should know.
- Cut back on alcohol and caffeine. Caffeine and alcohol can cause you to lose water. Unfortunately, dehydration is your biggest enemy during those cooler months. Cut back on both if you want your skin and nails to remain healthy all winter.
- Increase water intake. Speaking of dehydration, the best defense against that loss of hydration is – you guessed it: water! You need to be drinking eight to ten glasses of water a day to ensure that your cells remain properly hydrated. Remember, if you get dehydrated, nothing else you do will matter.
- Eat smart. Winter is comfort food time, right? Wrong! Look, when it’s cooler out, we know that you want to indulge in that heavy food – but use moderation. You still need those vitamins and minerals to maintain healthy skin and hair, and that means a balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Exfoliate your skin. If you notice your skin flaking when it’s cooler outside, then chances are that you’re not exfoliating properly. You should use exfoliating scrubs to remove all the dead skin and restore balance to your outer dermal layers.
- Lower temperatures and cooler winds can play havoc with your skin. To prevent dryness and flaking, you need to remain properly moisturized. That will help to ensure that your skin remains smooth and supple even during those colder winter months.
- Get a massage! Massage can relax you, release tension, and encourage faster healing. So why don’t more people get a massage when the cold weather hits? Nobody know, but the fact remains that they shouldn’t be skipping their massage routines during the winter months. If you want to look and feel your best, get a regular massage even when it’s cooler outside.
- Don’t forget the salon essentials. Your hair, nails, and face can all take a beating when the temperatures change outside. To protect yourself, you need to schedule regular visits to the salon to keep up with your beauty maintenance. There’s nothing quite like a winter facial and manicure to quickly restore your appearance.
At Tiffany Beauty Spa, we’re always here to help you get through the cooler months with relaxing manicures, massage, facial treatments, and more. Winter doesn’t have to put your beauty efforts on hold! To find out how we can help you fight back against the winter beauty blahs with the best beauty spa services in Fort Lauderdale, contact us today!