In case you haven’t noticed, the bold look is in these days when it comes to eyebrows. We went through several decades of carefully-plucked and waxed eyebrows, with narrow lines all the rage – but those days are behind us now. Once again, thick, luxurious eyebrows are “in” and women everywhere are sporting their natural brows in all their glory. Does that mean that eyebrow waxing is now obsolete, though? Perish the thought! Though bold is beautiful, that doesn’t mean that brow waxing is no longer needed. The fact is that even the boldest brows need a bit of taming to look their best. But before you come in to get your brows reined in with a brow waxing, remember these five simple tips.
- Time your waxing to fit your event schedule. Sometimes, women come in for a waxing and have some sort of event to attend later that day. We’ve even had clients who needed to be photographed later in the same day. Think about your schedule before you get a waxing, since the process can leave that area reddened for hours afterward. As a rule, try to wax several days before events.
- Make sure that your brow hair is long enough to wax. Wax needs hair to be a certain length if the process is to have maximum success. If your hairs aren’t long enough, you might have to wait before you get that wax job.
- Let us know if you have pain tolerance issues. We can recommend some pain-reducing creams that will numb the brow area. If pain is a concern, you’ll just need to apply that cream about a half-hour before your appointment to ensure that you’re comfortable during the waxing.
- There may be some trimming. Like other areas of your body, the hair on your eyebrows grows at different speeds. That’s why you probably have hairs of different lengths. During your waxing, your technician is likely to pull out trimmers to crop some of those extra-long hairs down to size. Don’t panic! Your gorgeous, bold eyebrows will still be there when the cutting’s done.
- You can get used to the waxing process! The first several wax jobs can feel uncomfortable, especially if you have a low tolerance for pain. As with most things in life, though, that discomfort diminishes with subsequent appointments. After a short while, your eyebrow waxing will be no more uncomfortable than your typical appointment to the hair stylist.
The important thing is to make sure that your bold brows are as well-kept as possible to maximize their impact on your appearance. Bold brows are powerful, but that power needs to be controlled with effective grooming techniques. At Tiffany Beauty Spa, our technicians can work with you to ensure that your full, lush brows are perfectly groomed with the best eyebrow waxing services in Fort Lauderdale. If you’d like to learn more about brow waxing and schedule your next appointment, call us today.