One of the great mysteries of life is why more people don’t take advantage of the benefits of massage during the winter months. Even though Florida is renowned for having the mildest winters in the country, many people still cut back on their massage frequency as the autumn months end. For those who once lived in colder climates, that may just be a habit. For others, the reasoning may be tied to the lower temperatures that the state experiences in the winter months (after all, our winters are a bit colder than other seasons). Whatever the reason, the fact is that massage can sometimes become an afterthought as temperatures drop – and that’s not a good thing.
Winter massages can be even more beneficial for your overall health and well-being than those summer sessions. Here are just a few of the reasons why:
- Colder temperatures can slow circulation, and put more pressure on joints and muscles. Massage therapy can help to improve the flow of blood, and ensure that your blood delivers the oxygen and other essential nutrients to the cells that need them.
- Even small drops in temperature can provoke a bodily response, and one of the most common responses is pain and discomfort. Massage offers many pain-reducing benefits by relaxing pressure in muscles and tendons, improving blood flow, and easing mental and emotional stress. If you’re in pain, a massage can be just the solution you need.
- Winter often brings with it cold and flu. And since many people are less active in the winter months, their bodies are often more susceptible to those ailments. The key to avoiding cold and flu is to make sure that your immune system has what it needs to fight off illness. Massage facilitates the flow of lymph, which delivers those vital white blood cells that your body needs to combat cold and flu.
- Have the winter blues got you down? Don’t laugh; it’s a real thing! Studies have shown that many people experience increased depression and anxiety during the winter months. The good news is that a massage can be the perfect way to boost your spirits and have you back at your best in no time at all. Why let stress and depression weigh you down when the solution is so obvious?
- You deserve it! Face the facts; you know that you feel better when you receive your regular massages. Why would you deny yourself that joy just because the temperatures are a little lower than normal? Go ahead and treat yourself with a professional massage, and maintain that great feeling all year long.
At Tiffany Beauty Spa, we know how tempting it can be to let many things lapse during the winter months. Pedicures, manicures, lash extensions, and massages are sometimes neglected when the temperatures start to dip. The good news is that you don’t have to stop enjoying the best massage services in Fort Lauderdale just because the winter months have arrived. Call us for an appointment and treat yourself with a winter massage today!