Well-groomed nails are an important part of maintaining your overall appearance. After all, even the best-dressed man or woman will look more than a little disheveled if his or her nails are ragged or otherwise unkempt. Face it: your nails say a great deal about the type of person you are, your social status, and even your level of self-confidence. Given their importance, it’s no small wonder that so many people rely on professional nail care salons to keep their nails looking their best. A surprising number of those people, however, have yet to enjoy the added benefits that aromatherapy can provide during any nail care spa experience.
What is aromatherapy?
The name might suggest that this spa treatment actually relies on odors to provide its benefits, but that is not the case. Aromatherapy is actually a holistic therapeutic system that utilizes certain essential oils to help people achieve greater physical, mental, and emotional balance. Typically, these oils are plant-derived, and can include things like lavender, Palo Santo, mandarin, peppermint, ginger, jasmine, and many others.
These oils are used during the nail care treatment, and are applied using gentle massage. As you probably know, your skin is porous, and reacts like a sieve to many substances that are applied directly to its surface. Studies have shown that essential oils of the type used in aromatherapy are among those compounds that the skin readily absorbs. Transdermal absorption makes it possible for these oils to affect not only the body, but the mind as well. In fact, there is a great deal of evidence to suggest that these oils can impact the body at the cellular level. The aroma effect comes into play as receptors in the nose carry various odor-induced messages to the brain.
The Positive Impact of Essential Oil Treatments
Aromatherapy uses these essential oils to impact the recipient in physical, mental, and emotional ways. There are a variety of important benefits that this therapy can provide, including:
- Moisturizing the skin and nails – which can help with dry, cracked, or splitting nails.
- Aromatherapy can improve circulation, and reduce inflammation. Together, those positive effects can help to reduce pain.
- Certain oils are antiseptic in nature, which can help to boost health and ward off cold and flu
- The use of these oils can increase relaxation, relieve anxiety, and even help alleviate the worst effects of depression.
- Lavender oil therapy has been shown to improve sleep.
- Essential oil therapy has been demonstrated to have a positive effect on the quality of life of patients suffering from a variety of health conditions, improves their overall sense of well-being, and helps to create a more positive outlook on life.
As important as regular nail care can be, its benefits are greatly magnified when aromatherapy is used during the treatment. At Tiffany Beauty Spa, our technicians have the expertise needed to ensure that your essential oil spa therapy is tailored to meet your specific needs. To find out more about how you can benefit from a spa treatment with the best nail care in Fort Lauderdale, give us a call today.