Massage is a therapeutic methodology many believe to be as old as mankind. For thousands of years, people have understood just how effective massages can be for helping patients to relax, unwind, and relieve tension in the muscles, joints, and other areas of the body. However, far fewer people understand the scientifically-confirmed health benefits that specific pressure techniques like reflexology massage can provide if you’re looking for the best massage in Fort Lauderdale, there are many reasons why a reflexology massage might be the perfect choice for you.
Reflexology massage is a type of pressure therapy that involves applying pressure to specific areas of the feet or hands, in order to affect organs and systems elsewhere in the body. The underlying premise of this type of massage is that there are pressure points throughout your feet and hands that correspond to distinct organs and bodily systems. The system itself has achieved a great deal of recognition in recent decades, and is now utilized by health care professionals such as physical therapists, natural healing practitioners, chiropractors, and massage therapists.
More importantly, however, is the fact that there is real science bolstering the reflexology theory. In scientific studies that have examined reflexology’s usefulness in the treatment of everything from pain management to sleep disorders and even cancer care, the evidence consistently indicates that this specialized massage technique has real and lasting benefits. Here are just a few:
- More than two dozen research studies have confirmed reflexology’s effectiveness in the treatment of pain and discomfort. These studies examined pain related to a wide range of conditions – including chest pain, diabetes neuropathy, osteoarthritis, AIDS, and more – and resulted in positive outcomes for the patients participating in the research.
- Studies have also noted positive results for kidney dialysis patients, with an improvement in kidney function when reflexology therapy is incorporated into the treatment plan.
- For postmenopausal women, both depression and anxiety can be lessened through the use of reflexology.
- Researchers who have studied alpha and theta waves for patients receiving this massage therapy have noted positive benefits in patient relaxation, as well as a reduction in blood pressure, anxiety, and restlessness.
- Other studies have used modern technology to track organ response to the application of reflexology pressure massage, and have noted that these techniques do seem to have an impact on the targeted organs. For example, there are studies indicating that massage that targets the kidneys can indeed increase blood flow to the urinary system.
- There is also evidence that reflexology techniques benefit mental health, assist patients with post-operative recovery, and increase circulatory function throughout the body.
Of course, there are also the standard benefits that massage typically provides, such as stress reduction and improvements in immune function and overall wellness. For patients with medical conditions that seem unresponsive to other forms of treatment, however, the research suggests that reflexology could be an ideal solution. If you’d like to learn more about how reflexology massage can help you to achieve the better health you deserve or have questions about any of our other massage and spa services, contact Tiffany Beauty Spa today.